What We Believe
However, a typical university will have several Christian ministries represented on campus. An important question is, what makes RUF distinctive? Our distinctives are found in the following commitments:
- Reformed Theology: We are committed to orthodox Christianity through the theological tradition of the Protestant Reformation.
- Word-centered Ministry: We believe that our understanding of God and our spiritual development comes through the study of the Christian Scriptures.
- Pastoral Presence: We send ordained ministers to the campus to provide pastoral care for students.
- Ecclesiastical Ministry: We build bridges for students and the Church -- where their Christian lives will be lived out after college.
Our Philosophy of Ministry
Instructed and guided by this system of belief, RUF has developed a philosophy of ministry which is biblically informed and pastorally sensitive. It is consistent with the God-given role of the Church on campus to reach and equip students to love and serve Jesus Christ and his Church. Our goals are...
- Growth in Grace: We seek to help students grow in their spiritual lives through the profound grace of the gospel.
- Missions & Evangelism: We encourage students profess what they believe without fear or manipulation.
- Fellowship & Service: We seek to build community which cares for itself but also for others.
- Biblical World-view: We want students to consider their Christian faith as an essential part of how they live and work in the world.